There are several ways to buy a new home in Berlin.
- used flat
- new flat from a developer
- new flat as a cooperative (Baugruppe)
1. buy a used flat or house, most often via Immobilienscout24.de .
2. buy from a developer either an old rehabed building or a new buildt building. This offers are typically find in Immobilienscout24 as well but there is a special site called: neubau-kompass.de.
risk / maintenance goes down, price is higher than a used flat.
There are fakes on the market, they play developer but they only do a paint job.
As you will have a5 years warranty on the everything the developer build or replaced its important to know what he will deliver.
This you find in the “Baubeschreibung” (a description of the quality of construction).
3. A way most people don’t know about, are “Baugruppen” which directly translated means “Building Groups” in southern areas often referred to as cooperatives. The main idea: The “buyer” become part of a company, that actually cuts out the developers. With all the risk and benefits. Often those groups are initiated by architects (some more professional other because they want to buildt their own home). In fact the projects are often well planed, it takes more energy so, because the groups have to discuss their way, but in the end the product is often better or cheaper or both. Some of them have a social or green aspect often both. There are weekly meetings to get in contact with those groups, check the links below.
Information on Baugruppen / Building Cooperatives in Berlin
Baugruppen Architects for cooperative building projects
For a Google search use this terms:
The Natulis Group is planning 89 residential units for sale at Scharnhorststrasse 30-32 in Berlin’s Mitte district. From August 8 to 30, 2012 Natulis Art Temporary offers 9 free studios for artists on the plot. Which is at least for Berlin a new way to attract attention for a property development. The 3.500 sqm plot is close to the new main train station and the development area Europacity. Their selling prices should be between 2.750 €/sqm and 6.300 €/sqm. A total sales volume of nearly €40mn is expected. Ziegert Bank- und Immobilienconsulting has been commissioned to perform the marketing and sales.
Source: Natulis AG & THOMAS DAILY GmbH
DB Research recently (29.06.2012) published a study regarding property prices in the euro area.
Euro area property prices: Germany versus the rest
Subjet of the study are prices of residential properties in the euro area.
While in all euro markets the prices for residential real estate are above the long-term average affordability, its opposite for Germany.
The exception to the general picture of overvalued markets is Germany, where
fundamental values remain at historical lows despite some price increases in
recent years. Given Germany’s status as a safe haven in Europe for investors
and in view of Germany’s likely economic outperformance of other European
countries we envisage further price gains in the German real estate market.
Prices are likely to rise fastest in cities with more than 500,000 inhabitants.
Get the full report by email.
As the prices and the city it self growth, and central area have nothing to develop or rehab anymore, the developers as well as investors move on. And so do their clients, the center is really expensive now compared to the suburbs. This is right and it felt a little strange all the years after the reunification that the core city center is more or less as expensive as normal areas.
However in our constant search for good developments and investments we now added:
- Wilhemsruh in Pankow
- Zingerwiesen in Pankow
- Niederschönhausen in Pankow
- Kaskelkiez in Lichtenberg (for multi-family-house investments and rehabilitation of prewars)
- Weitlinger Kiez in Lichtenberg (for multi-family-house investments and rehabilitation of prewars)
- Rummelsburger Bucht in LIchtenberg (ok a little late, I agree)
- Alt-Stralau in Lichtenberg
- Neukoelln area around Weichslplatz, area around Boddinstreet
- Nordufer in Wedding (Best price/potential ratio in all of Berlin)
Find the whole map with more advise and data here.
Deutsche Grundstücksauktionen (DGA AG)
auction 27.09. to 30.09.2012
submit property latest 10.08.2012
Auktionshaus Karhausen AG
submit property latest 27.07.2012
We are looking for an full-time, immediately available
Executive Assistant of Managing Director (m/f).
We are a real estate development company located in Berlin Mitte (Torstrasse 10119). Our mid-sized projects have a focus on architecture, design and energy efficiency. Our small team of dynamic professionals has a high level of self-organisation. The company is involved in a range of different areas of real estate including acquisition of plots and houses, planning, design, sales, marketing and supervision of the projects. This position offers insight and training into these various aspects of property developments. More information about our current projects: www.amlt.de
- Plan and organize daily business
- Manage and report key information and documents
- Manage and process e-mail, correspondence and phone calls
- Assist during meetings, prepare meeting minutes
- Edit reports in English and German
- Manage office guests
- Manage contact database (software: highrise)
- Administer project management tool (software: basecamp)
- Plan and send newsletter campaigns (software: mailchimp)
- Able to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
- Goal driven
- Able to step back and look at the bigger picture
- Proven team player who possesses curiosity and creativity
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Must be flexible and commit the time required to get the job done
- Excellent language skills in both German and English, Italian is a plus
- Excellent computer skills (Excel is a must)
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please send your application in one document including your CV and covering letter (both in English) and your salary expectation by email to
- office at amlt.de
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services or products.
This is not the trailer for Hollywood’s next big summer blockbuster it’s actually the listing for a $35 million Malibu house.
We just added some posts to our corporate site, which might help you to secure the right deal, and save you time and disappointment:
- How to find and secure an apartment block
- How to recognize a good apartment block
- MLS listing services in Berlin Germany
- How to find relevant news about Berlin real estate market
don’t forget our long-time favourite:
- Why you should not buy a flat in Berlin
I just added the new feature “skills & expertise” to my linked-in profile.
Actually there is an auto-fill in that suggests phrases:
I started with, guess what: “Real Estate”
Then the tool suggested and I choosed:
Real Estate Development, Real Estate Transactions, Commercial Real Estate, Real Estate Advisory Services, Contract Negotiation, Real Estate Due Diligence, Real Estate License.
What is your skill & expertise.